Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Today's Good Marketing Tip: Testimonials

Are testimonials quite what they used to be? Many of my marketing colleagues are challenging me on the value of testimonials. It's my belief that testimonials are still king. However, in today's marketing world, I think it's more a matter of how you present them.

The traditional quote from a satisfied customer still have value in my opinion. And many sites continue to use them (example: SEO Elite Review Blog). However, many have taken testimonials a step further using audio and video. I think this is a step in the right direction. This adds a believability factor when you can engage multiple senses.

What should you do with your testimonials?

Start. That's right... start collecting them in any format you can - the more the merrier. I would suggest creating forms that allow for your customers to upload a video, audio clip, and or written testimonial.

Once you've collected some testimonials from satisfied customers, you can decide on presentation and dissemination. Don't wait for browsers to find your testimonials. Rather, push them out through your advertising, newsletters, and emails.

This will draw attention to you and your product and differentiate you from the competition. Like I said, testimonials are still king!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Modern Warfare 3